Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY fuel guage beeped, and went to empty when half full, then came alive after a minute.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Dear Members,
Had a unusual thing happen tonight,
driving home after been out to a sporting event
After about 10 minutes of driving, the low fuel gauge warning light came on, then I noticed the fuel gauge was sitting on empty, and the car was still driving ok, :confused:
about a minute later, the fuel gauge came back up to 1/2 again [being I have 1/2 tank of fuel in the car].:confused:
got the car at home ok,
Went to check the code, and it came up with
-------------------------------
"DTC 19 PCM fault logged" o_O
System instrument
Code 19
Description 0x0000E652
------------------------------
Where I have read, the same code can be the TPS [Throttle Position Sensor on a VS]
I would think its more than likely it being the Fuel Tank Sender,
Due to action of the Fuel Gauge.
I stand corrected if I am wrong.
Being its a Oct 2002 VY Super6, first Reg Dec 2002, we purchased it in June 2005, with 113,000 k/s on the clock, it has now done approx. 184,000 k's
As I have never replaced the Pump and/or Tank Sender Unit,
I have cleaned out the Throttle Body Numerous times, but not recent, the last time was prob mid-last year when I changed the Oil and Filter. [@180,000 k/s]
However some years ago, when we did fill it up, [like top it right up], the Car would give out a fault beep intermittently. the original owner said that it does that, so don't FILL it right up.
It hasn't happen for some time now, as I do every so often TOP it right up now and then with the fuel price is down.
So my question is, would it be the -
Throttle Position Sensor ?,
or the
Fuel Tank Sender Unit ?
either way,
not a problem with the fault, I will just get on and fix it, but just would like to know which its most likely be.
"Will the Real DTC 19 Fault Code Please Stand Up" [now I am showing my age]
Your input will be much appreciated.

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Sorry members if the thread seemed half finished, :mad:

But I had the word "Code" in square brackets [ Code ], and went all weird, :eek:

so I am guessing its was looking at the internet page code that made it go weird.

So I removed the square brackets :cool:

Last edited: