Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Full Sound system advice

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
id try to find a box closer to the sub specifications

personally i dont like those sub boxes, my mate had two in a vu ute and they still had the front seats to far forward for my liking, and im 6 foot

EMPTY! VU VY VZ ute 12inch sub fibreglass box HSV LS1 | eBay

there are these boxes that can fit a full depth 12" sub however they are quite expensive and they dont quote the box volume, though you could probably email them and find out

i cant find the sub box i purchased, but it was built by a fella in brisbane whom i got on to through ebay and it cost me $100 posted, it fits in the small space behind the drivers seat and doesnt sacrifice any room, also it was an 18L box and the mm1040 i bought was best suited to a 18.5L sealed box so that was a win for me

as for a amp, have a search for a roughly 500RMS monoblock that is within your budget, obviously staying away from chinese crap like powervox, perhaps try polk audio themselves?

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
id try to find a box closer to the sub specifications

personally i dont like those sub boxes, my mate had two in a vu ute and they still had the front seats to far forward for my liking, and im 6 foot

EMPTY! VU VY VZ ute 12inch sub fibreglass box HSV LS1 | eBay

there are these boxes that can fit a full depth 12" sub however they are quite expensive and they dont quote the box volume, though you could probably email them and find out

i cant find the sub box i purchased, but it was built by a fella in brisbane whom i got on to through ebay and it cost me $100 posted, it fits in the small space behind the drivers seat and doesnt sacrifice any room, also it was an 18L box and the mm1040 i bought was best suited to a 18.5L sealed box so that was a win for me

as for a amp, have a search for a roughly 500RMS monoblock that is within your budget, obviously staying away from chinese crap like powervox, perhaps try polk audio themselves?

so maybe ill stick with the 10" if it fits in the box i have... see thats the thing, i was stupid and bought the box already, i just thought it would make it easier to choose a sub.... what do you think i should do :S

EDIT: are the VU's the same as VYs?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
To be honest you should buy the sound system after you get the car, so you can see what you will need and don't need, what will work and what won't. VT-VZ utes have the same body.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
so maybe ill stick with the 10" if it fits in the box i have... see thats the thing, i was stupid and bought the box already, i just thought it would make it easier to choose a sub.... what do you think i should do :S

EDIT: are the VU's the same as VYs?

in the cabin yeah same size and seat setup, if your really after another box you could try to sell it off to someone else, if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you intitally?

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thats a price list.. how can i buy one without the $200 overseas shipping?

yeah not a bad amp and not bad price too :)

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i know, it was stupid of me, im just trying to get an idea now :)

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
in the cabin yeah same size and seat setup, if your really after another box you could try to sell it off to someone else, if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you intitally?

it cost me $100 that with the price put down from $180 what do you think?

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
so.. just say i was to get an alpine type S slimline rated at 300w RMS and 900W Peak.... what would be better.... 2x 10" or 1x 12?

EDIT: can someone please tell me about voice coils and ohms and bridging rarara or better yet just tell me which is best....