Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy gen3 cam, lifters

vygen_3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy belina international
Just wondering if someone could tell me roughly what I would expect to pay for a new cam and set of lifters and a tune. And any recommendations of where to go and what sort of cam

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
roughly 1000-1500 for cam kit (cam, lifters, pushrods etc etc.) unsure on how much its gonna cost to get it put in though. Oh and budget 1500 for the tune.
You'll also need to do the head gasket which is like 250 (i think)

Cam choice is really dependant on what how much power you want and how much you care about driveability.

MACE

Reaction score
Just wondering if someone could tell me roughly what I would expect to pay for a new cam and set of lifters and a tune. And any recommendations of where to go and what sort of cam

What we'd charge for the parts you're interested in are as follows

new cam $490
lifters $330
Remote tune $440

For more information about our tuning service check out the link below

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/mace-engineering/175351-lsx-lxx-v8-remote-tuning-service.html

In regards to cam selection, it comes down to what you want out of your ride. For arguments sake a cam for a daily driver would be vastly different to a dedicated track car

If you're after professional workshop in SA to do all of the work can recommend a few if you'd like

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve