Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Getrag Issue

davey32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
G'day, manual 3.8 s pac, was driving home from work the other day went to shift from 4th to 5th, gearbox didnt want a bar of any gears... rolled up to the lights and it went through gears fine.
Next day was fine but when driving box allows me to go from 4th to neutral without clutching on the odd occasion which has me stumped, not every time and not when cold/hot anything?...
160k kms and never had a problem before but box has never been tight or anything due to 12yrs of age never bothered me, had the slave and master replaced about 20k ago if helps narrow it down
Been looking for posts on this issue wondering if the whole box is rooted or its lack of oil etc... anything will be appreciated

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
How old is the clutch? Where abouts is the friction point on the clutch pedal? If you have clutch in in 1st and rev to 4k on flat no brake do you move ?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
on the going from 4th to neutral.
is that in all gears and after you have for lack of better words "unloaded" the power coming from the engine.
(basically the way you change gears without using the clutch)
if this is the case then that's fine and normal.

if its while under full load then there would be a problem.

davey32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
i have owned it nearly 3 years and havent replaced the clutch so im not too sure how old..
could it be the cause?

and its only done it from 4th and once from 3rd