Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY head unit sockets

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i did that with my VS, got a factory loom to free wire, my HU came with unit to freewire, so i made up a harness to suit, only issue is i matched colour for folour and my rear speakers are the wrong way around, left is right and vise versa

when i eventually get a sub i just need to pull out the amp control wire ( taped up but uncut ) and either terminal it together or do it properly and solder it.

i reckon its the right way to do it and if i want to put in my stock unit again ( when i eventually get rid of my car ) i should just bolt straight back in.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Awesome, thanks for the help - 1 pair of Jaycar splits coming up. I take it you're happy with the performance of the speakers?
(Sorry about the hijack)

Yeah, they sound awsome. I'm running mine through an amp though (you didn't mention if you were doing the same?)

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
look if you can aford over jaycar get it.
they are good for the money, thats it!
really whats you budget in total?

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
I'm spending as little as possible - car sound is not a priority for me, but the standard speakers sound pretty bad. Can you suggest any splits that sound as good as the Jaycar Repsonse ones, for the same money? (~$150)

I may add an amp and sub later on, but not any time soon.