Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Heater Noise

1997 vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
hi i have a vy belåna with climate control lately i am hearing a rushing water noise coming from some where under the dash i have looked everywhere and cannot find where its coming from i am not losing water from the radiator the carpet is not wet yet the sound continues i have asked many mechanics no one knows what it is it really sounds like i have water in the plenum chamber where the wiper motor is but i have checked this and it is also dry i am stumped if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

cheers Paul

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Vacuum leak? A/C pipe drainage? A/C running low on gas?

Last edited:

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
You have air bubbles in your coolant maybe. Bleed your coolant from your radiator

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Im tipping its low on water, and/or air in the radiator coolant through the heater,
try bleeding the system, [remember to turn your heater on to let the water flow through the heater tap that is below the Master cylinder plumbing.
I think there is a couple of bleed valves on the V6's [assuming its a V6],
Where there is 3 bleed valves on a Supercharged V6, and I have all 3 of them open to get the air out of the system.