Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY hsv electrical issue, when i turn my headlights on my aircon turns on aswell.

mhawat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8
HI ALL

any help will be great, Ive almost finished rebuilding my vy hsv R8 and I have a small maybe massive problem with the aircon, when I turn my head lights on the ignition lights/reds on the dash turn on and the aircon turns on aswell even though the keys are not in the car.
when I do have the keys in and the car on the aircon screen turns on and off every second aswell as the dash lights. its done my head in.

ive have two sparkys come and check it out and the believe its a bad earth. but all my earths are connected

any help will be good.

Thanks

Matt_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute S1
I had the same sort of problem with my VY Ute.
I had a 12Volt socket in the centre console that
would turn the ignition on when something were
plugged into it with no keys in the car. And with
the headlights on would also run the aircon fan.
Ended up being two earths connect wrong under
the centre console cost me $100 for an auto sparky to correct it.

Hope this helps

Danny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to get WL
As Matt said could be a earth connected wrong eg earth connected to a positive instead so is back feeding. What area are you rebuilding engine bay or dash? When you put your head lights on do they work? Could be the earth for the lights wrong so when you switch them on its back feeding to the ignition and turning those things on.