Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY HVAC Vent No / Low Air Flow

Fast1NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I'm hoping someone out there can help. My HVAC vent air flow is so low / minimal its almost non existent no matter what the fan speed or mode selected. With the warmer weather coming I'm gunna need to get some air flowing around the cabin!
Before you ask, I've already tried every solution on here I can find (thanks for all the awesome posts / suggestions).
The blower motor works fine, I can hear it amp up in speed when I change the controls from 1 all the way through to high. I've taken out the HVAC solenoid pack and tested it. I've checked the manifold hoses and the heater tap and hoses etc in the engine bay. The vacuum tank is fine, the actuators are all working as they should. There is no hissing or sounds (other than the solenoid click) when I change modes. And I've cleared (sucked out with a vacuume) all the debris out of the air filter (grill) above the blower motor.
So there seems to be vacuum (no leaks) and the fan speeds work. The heat and aircon work as in it gets hot or gets cold.
My problem is the amount of airflow remains the same no matter what the fan speed is or where the fan mode is directed - it sounds like there is heaps of airflow going on inside the dash when I increase the fan speed it's just hardly any comes through the vents.
I've had a couple of VT's prior to this and their HVAC had way more airflow out the vents so I'm pretty sure there must be something going on that is restricting / redirecting the airflow away from the vents but no idea what to try next to sort it out! Has anyone had a similar situation and found a solution?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
my vents are very slow to change over, it takes up to around 10 seconds to change from feet to face to demister etc... after i press the button and ive got climate control on mine.

Fast1NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
That is useful to know, thanks. I changed the blower motor as I found one at the wreckers for $20 so worth the gamble and that has increased the airflow a lot, so although the other one worked it's bearing was much stiffer. They both have the anoying ticking noise that will drive me demented tho so still have to solve that but at least I won't suffocate this summer!