Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY II Calais Supercharged vs VE Calais V

holdenpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS
Hi all,

Im wanting to buy a Holden Calais VY II Supercharged version but I'm curious to know which has more power.
I love the look of it a lot better than the VE.

I currently have a Holden Calais V VE, would the VY Supercharged have more power?

Your advice is appreciated.

benny_bones

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY Series 2 Wagon
On paper the ve is probably quicker but with a few good mods to the vy supercharged it could catch up with vz maloos and clubbys..this might start a fight though, apologies

Loki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VY
You will end up getting more power out of a supercharged car then an N/A one

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
the VE weighs a **** load more than the VY too so it's not a straight KW comparison.
I'd go the supercharged VY personally as I hate the VE look too.

_senator_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv Vy senator s2 & Vt s2 5.7 calais
just dont fall into the trap of super 6 everyone that seem to have one rave about how they are a really great no offence to owners, but due to this reason i bought one last year and it was okay but every man and his dog talked them up and i was a dissapointed owner

so if you are after a small power gain the super 6 is great if your expecting a monster be prepared to spend money on her,
as they can be quite quick for what they are with a few $$$$

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
I had a super 6 Calais international. Went great, coming from a ecotech. I had pulley, CAI and exhaust done was good for awhile but when I wanted more power the price quickly bumped up was looking around 5 grand for a setup that would make around 200rwkw. Instead I moved on and baught a v8. Will never loom back. Just my opinion.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
I've had a ve calais and driven plenty of super 6's and personally, I'd go the ve..
Pulls reasonably hard for a 6 when driven right and is still pretty economical around the city and even better on the freeway..
Just depends on what you want from the car

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Probably the biggest drawback on the super 6 is also a better point for the VE and that is the 4spd auto transmission on the Vy versus the 5 speed trans on the VE.
Both beneift from lower rear diff gears usually around 3.46.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
Completely agree with senator_ . Ive got a vy calais super6 with rockers, pulley, exhaust. goes alright but now im at the stage where i can either look at intercooling or cam. Doing neither as its gonna cost me too much for the power ill gain, but the way people talked them up made me beleive they would be a weapon. End of the day even with mods there not that quick . Will be upgrading to a fg xr6 turbo next year.

_senator_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv Vy senator s2 & Vt s2 5.7 calais
yep totally agree.

Want a 6 and (ARE NOT ONE SIDED) go the ford wicked power but personally i love sound of a v8 rumble, I would suggest keep all options open