Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY II S - BCM fixed and now the car wont start

BakeTheTank

Phreddy-ed UP!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series II
Hey all,

Recently had all the common problems for the BCM to be fixed. Had it fixed, drove the car no more the 5kms 3 times a week afterwards. Go to start the car for the 4th time since, make it 50m and it drops dead, and now wont turn over.

Rang the repairers of the BCM and they told me to try switching the ECU relay, tried and still wont turn over. Becoming very frustrated.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Is your battery connected? Terminals on tight? A transmission place once snapped my earth cable bending it to the side.

Does the immobiliser light go off on the dash when your key is 'on'? Did they link the bcm to the pcm properly? Tried disconnecting battery for a while?

Assuming you mean the starter motor isn't activating when you say 'won't turn over'? Can you jump start it? It might not necessarily be a bcm issue, try everything before you go back to bcm place and show rage.

BakeTheTank

Phreddy-ed UP!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series II
Is your battery connected? Terminals on tight? A transmission place once snapped my earth cable bending it to the side.

Does the immobiliser light go off on the dash when your key is 'on'? Did they link the bcm to the pcm properly? Tried disconnecting battery for a while?

Assuming you mean the starter motor isn't activating when you say 'won't turn over'? Can you jump start it? It might not necessarily be a bcm issue, try everything before you go back to bcm place and show rage.

Thanks franklinfrog, unfortunately had to get it towed in, still waiting on a verdict.