Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY II Storm Ute Duel Fuel (LPG) *Problems* Can anybody be of any assistance?

JGB90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Storm Ute
Hi, I currently have a VY II storm ute which is running a duel fuel setup. The ute is running perfectly on ULP though when i try to change over to LPG the car just stalls. I also cannot start the car on LPG which i usually used to be able to to. Im not sure whether anybody can help me with this, to try to narrow down what the problem could be. Without having much experience i seem to think its an electrical problem as it seems to cut everything out including starter motor which will not kick. Has anyone else come across this problem, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
You need to have a good spark for gas, so try need plugs and leads. If it is an aftermarket system it may need a tune up by a gas mechanic.

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
Find out what type of system it is first - ie. air valve or injected style? brand name? then contact someone who has knowledge in those systems. they should be able to help you out.

cheers.

vz_sv6_owner1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS storm ute
When was the last time you serviced the gas system aka gas filter and the like?? I'd be saying its maybe blocked as well as your electrical issue

brendansh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive II
Did you check the little rubber vacuum elbow at the bottom of the throttle body?
Sometimes that comes loose and falls off, just superglue it back on if it has fallen off

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Check the spark plugs, mine started doing this when I changed them, you need specific LPG ones it seems