Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy indicator/wiper arms

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Hey guys,

Iv seen a couple Vt's with vy indicator/wiper arms in them. Is there any modifications in the wiring to get these to work? or do they plug straight in. Also, what about a vz stalk with the twisting thing to adjust the cruise control speed. Can they be just plugged in?

Sxc_sound

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
has no one done this before? i swear there are a few vt/vx owners around here with vy stalks....

M

mwb235

I did this to my VR Calais in 2001 (when the VXII stalks first came out) and again on my VT Calais in 2006. I swear i've posted this on this forum a few years ago (i definitely did on another forum i no longer visit) but stuffed if i can find it!

Anyway take a look at this attachment i prepared in 2001 - it will help you to wire it up (for a Calais/Statesman). It is easy enough to do, the stalk bases fit in exactly the same between VR and VXII. The wiring plugs are a different shape but you can cut off some plugs from a VXII (and VY/VZ?) wrecks, or just crimp on some small spade (i.e. "speaker") terminals and plug them in. I found the wiring between my VR and VT series 1 were the same or very similar, so my attachment should be relevant for all Calais models VR thru to VX series 1.

(btw I assume VY and VZ stalks are the same as VXII but am not 100% certain.)

Attachments

• VR to VXII stalks.jpg
    VR to VXII stalks.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 4,138

charged vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I did this to my VR Calais in 2001 (when the VXII stalks first came out) and again on my VT Calais in 2006. I swear i've posted this on this forum a few years ago (i definitely did on another forum i no longer visit) but stuffed if i can find it!

Anyway take a look at this attachment i prepared in 2001 - it will help you to wire it up (for a Calais/Statesman). It is easy enough to do, the stalk bases fit in exactly the same between VR and VXII. The wiring plugs are a different shape but you can cut off some plugs from a VXII (and VY/VZ?) wrecks, or just crimp on some small spade (i.e. "speaker") terminals and plug them in. I found the wiring between my VR and VT series 1 were the same or very similar, so my attachment should be relevant for all Calais models VR thru to VX series 1.

(btw I assume VY and VZ stalks are the same as VXII but am not 100% certain.)

I know its an old thread but looking to do this with my vs exec with cruise.. So how will this mod vary considering I have the normal wipers not the full variable ones like a calais??

If im removing the plugs from the car not the stalk will I have to get one without this feature, will it vary or the wiring to it vary?

My understanding is correct that I can take the plugs the stalks go into out of a vy and put them into my vs so that vy stalks are a strait plug in ?

cheers

Last edited:

maccaz69

Reaction score
Series 2 stalks

Anyone????

Hi guys I attempted this last night on a WH statesman S 1 and have a few problems hopefully someone can solve!

First, on the original indicator stalk connectors there are two extra wires - a green and a green with a black stripe.

I can't find any info on these and it seems to work ok without them connected - anyone have any idea if this matters / what they're for?

Second problem is the wipers - the statesman has variable speed intermittent wipers which when you reduce the wiper dwell to nil the wipers operate intermittent while stationary and once you're moving above 20k or so they become normal ie not intermittent.

This function does not work anymore! Any ideas there?

Thanks heaps!!!

maccaz69

Reaction score
well its just dawned on me the extra indicator stalk wires are for the turning driving lights! Derrr! Now I have no idea how to set about getting those to work when the stalk does not have the pins.......????

still no idea what to do about intermittent wipers either......

maccaz69

Reaction score
i'm not sure if anyone's looking in here or not but incase anyone is, i have fixed the wipers - i reset the bcm and all fine!

not sure how that occured must have accidentally touched a wire or something.....

now just work out the corner driving light issue.....I think I can connect two of the wires to the indicator wires and they will come on everytime the indicator is put on even though they are only meant to come on when the headlights are on and the indicator is on.....seems the statesman stalk is a bit harder to come by will have to keep my eyes peeled i guess.

Lano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1
i'm not sure if anyone's looking in here or not but incase anyone is, i have fixed the wipers - i reset the bcm and all fine!

not sure how that occured must have accidentally touched a wire or something.....

now just work out the corner driving light issue.....I think I can connect two of the wires to the indicator wires and they will come on everytime the indicator is put on even though they are only meant to come on when the headlights are on and the indicator is on.....seems the statesman stalk is a bit harder to come by will have to keep my eyes peeled i guess.

Maccaz69 has probably figured out the issue by now, but here is how to connect the extra lights on a WH Statesman for anyone else who stumbles across this thread:
WH.png

(all credit to mwb235 for the original diagram)