Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy interior swap

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
hi guys. Just bought a 03 vy executive ute and its pretty simple inside (which i dont like:p)

just wondering if interior panels from other series 1 vy's, such as a regular commodore or hsv sedan/ute, will be a straight fit into the ute? In particular i have a banged up interior door panel. Just having troubles finding a new one so i was thinkin of a quick trip to ebay or pik and payless

any help would be much appreciated:dance:

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Ive done a similiair thing to wat u wanna do.
The VZ SV6 has the same interior as the VZ exec, except for the steering wheel.
What i did was change the centre dash, door handles & plastic cluster insert to the VY SS spec, which is satin chrome. Im yet to change the radio to a 6 stacker & pwr window module to black.

You wont have any probs with changing over the parts, there a strait swap. Pick 'n' payless wont have anything or u can try ebay.

Ur best bet to to give OZ comm spares a call on 9609 3333 & ask for Oscar. He got me all of my parts.:thumbsup:

Check out the link below on page 2, there will be a couple of pics.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Paul: Did you have climate control to start off with? I'd love to put the SS bits in the ute but the only ones i see are climate control ones.

Hey mate,

Nah i didnt, the VZ SV6 only comes with the manual climate control. The ones you have seen are the electronic CC versions which are from VY SS series 2 & onwards.
You would want to source a VY SS series 1 interior, which has the manual CC setup:thumbsup: