Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy l67 high pitch charger squeal and knock

Higgzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV enhanced 1998 Vs series 2 ute
OK I had my engine bay degreased and washed down well f@#$ me.. a pulley was making a little squeal before washing it then it got worse setting off a domino's effect leading to replace every pulley one by one each day with a new squeel. Now all pulleys are replaced which seat the alternator pulley so replaced that then the damn supercharger started squealing. Got told by mace engineering it was probably the bearings in the snout and the 10 psi pulley was just a bit to far back. I took it off literally no oil came out and it was dark brown and stunk. I took it to good old Barry in Virginia highly recommend for l67's in North brisbane. Well he replaced the bearings in the snout said they werent really that bad and he cleaned the snout up but he did say that there is a possibility that the supercharger rotor has probably **** itself so be aware if it makes the same noise it's the rotor. Well I put it all back together put the 2 118ml supercharger oil bottles in started it up and the squealing was still there but this time its developed a knock right in the centre of the supercharger itself. This is where I need some advice why is it now knocking was it cause I ran it for 30 seconds heard the major high pitch squealing and the knocking sound so I shut the f#$%er off quickly I know the rotors gone could it be that gone that now it's developed a knock since ive replaced everything else could that have put excess stress on start up today like this is doing my head in and I can tell its only coming from the supercharger if use think it's safe to start up to get a vid for use of the sound then I will

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210801-010904_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210801-010904_Gallery.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20210801-010859_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210801-010859_Gallery.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 68

Higgzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV enhanced 1998 Vs series 2 ute
OK I had my engine bay degreased and washed down well f@#$ me.. a pulley was making a little squeal before washing it then it got worse setting off a domino's effect leading to replace every pulley one by one each day with a new squeel. Now all pulleys are replaced which seat the alternator pulley so replaced that then the damn supercharger started squealing. Got told by mace engineering it was probably the bearings in the snout and the 10 psi pulley was just a bit to far back. I took it off literally no oil came out and it was dark brown and stunk. I took it to good old Barry in Virginia highly recommend for l67's in North brisbane. Well he replaced the bearings in the snout said they werent really that bad and he cleaned the snout up but he did say that there is a possibility that the supercharger rotor has probably **** itself so be aware if it makes the same noise it's the rotor. Well I put it all back together put the 2 118ml supercharger oil bottles in started it up and the squealing was still there but this time its developed a knock right in the centre of the supercharger itself. This is where I need some advice why is it now knocking was it cause I ran it for 30 seconds heard the major high pitch squealing and the knocking sound so I shut the f#$%er off quickly I know the rotors gone could it be that gone that now it's developed a knock since ive replaced everything else could that have put excess stress on start up today like this is doing my head in and I can tell its only coming from the supercharger if use think it's safe to start up to get a vid for use of the sound then I will

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210801-010853_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210801-010853_Gallery.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 67