Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY L67 wiring loom in a VS.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
VY uses the 1 sensor, as the ECU reads it then relays its reading to everything else. Up until VT all V6's used two temp sensors 1 for gauge and 1 for engine computer.

Also, sorry to steal thread, but im converting my L67 to manual as well for the VK, where did you take your memcal for a reprogram, im using a VT Setup if it makes a difference. And will i just disconnect and cable tie up the auto loom except the speed sensor?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
VY uses the 1 sensor, as the ECU reads it then relays its reading to everything else.

Oh ok now i'm starting to get it. Thats why ill need to drill and tap new thread for the extra sensor.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
'ejukated' on here did it for me.

send him a PM and see what he can do for you.

not sure if you have been there before but l67torque.com is the best place on the net your going to find for aussie L67 info.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
'ejukated' on here did it for me.

send him a PM and see what he can do for you.

not sure if you have been there before but l67torque.com is the best place on the net your going to find for aussie L67 info.

He drilled and tapped new thread for your sensor?

Yeah I will send a PM but first I want to call the wreckers where I bought the engine from and see if they have a wiring loom aout of a VS L67.

No I haven't heard of that wesite before, ill take a look, thanks.

m62vpute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP MANUAL S/C 3.8 UTE
You might be able to swap over the loom from the vy l67 for a vs l67 from the wrecking yard if they have 1. There is a few people on here that would be able to reprogram a memcal for you to be a factory tune for a vs . Shot me a pm if you need somebody for the tune

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
You might be able to swap over the loom from the vy l67 for a vs l67 from the wrecking yard if they have 1. There is a few people on here that would be able to reprogram a memcal for you to be a factory tune for a vs . Shot me a pm if you need somebody for the tune

Ok, ill call them up tomorrow and ask. Thanks for that, I will PM you when i'm ready for the tune. I just hope things don't get to complicated because once i've started, theres really no turning back and I don't want the car off the road for too long because I use the VS the most.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Shame your in VIC, I have just finished the same conversion and have all the tools for drilling and tapping the LIM and re-programming a stock memcal!

The LIM should really be removed in order to drill/Tap correctly so metal swarf doesnt get into the coolant passages, You need to replace LIM and blower gaskets at same time..

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Shame your in VIC, I have just finished the same conversion and have all the tools for drilling and tapping the LIM and re-programming a stock memcal!

The LIM should really be removed in order to drill/Tap correctly so metal swarf doesnt get into the coolant passages, You need to replace LIM and blower gaskets at same time..

Yeah I know, i'm far away from everyone unfortunately. And i'm not really looking forward to the drilling because knowing my luck ill drill in the wrong place and then have to spend more money. Besides the wiring loom, is there anything else you had to change that was different? I know that the air intake, radiator hoses, heater hoses is different from the ecotec to the L67.

This conversion is actually starting to sound harder then I thought, but I still want to go ahead with it. Like I have said before, I wont have any problem fitting the engine/transmission, but theres going to be stuff that I will probably have trouble with and i'm worried that ill get stuck then wont be able to get the car back on the road for a while.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Heater hoses are the same its only the top radiator hose thats different, the Passengers side engine mount "Bracket" is different and needs to be swapped for the VS bracket, as does the VS A/C compressor needs to be swapped. Only thing that held me up was the damn serpentine belt. make sure you get 6PK2745

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Heater hoses are the same its only the top radiator hose thats different, the Passengers side engine mount "Bracket" is different and needs to be swapped for the VS bracket, as does the VS A/C compressor needs to be swapped. Only thing that held me up was the damn serpentine belt. make sure you get 6PK2745

Oh ok, I wanted to use my original A/C compressor anyway so I don't lose the gas out of it. Is that serpentine belt the one that runs the supercharger or everything else? Also did you original accelerator cable and cruise control cable fit on the L67 or did you have to change them?