Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY L67

Bowman.jesse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L
Hey everyone, Idk if you’ll be able to answer this but anyway. I’m building an L67 atm that I’m going to drop into my VY. I am putting a stroker kit (changes it to a 4.2L) in it and a stage 2 cam, gonna be running 11psi through the supercharger with pacemaker extractors and full exhaust and getting my ecu based tuned then put it on the dyno. Could anyone give me a rough idea on how much horsepower (at wheels) I’d be looking at with these modifications??
Thanks in advanced

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hey everyone, Idk if you’ll be able to answer this but anyway. I’m building an L67 atm that I’m going to drop into my VY. I am putting a stroker kit (changes it to a 4.2L) in it and a stage 2 cam, gonna be running 11psi through the supercharger with pacemaker extractors and full exhaust and getting my ecu based tuned then put it on the dyno. Could anyone give me a rough idea on how much horsepower (at wheels) I’d be looking at with these modifications??
Thanks in advanced

I don't have time to calculate a guesa atm I will when I get off the bus. But the stroker kit is a waste of money as you don't need it.

Bowman.jesse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L
I don't have time to calculate a guesa atm I will when I get off the bus. But the stroker kit is a waste of money as you don't need it.
Yeah no worries. Why is the stoker kit a waste of time out of curiosity?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You'll make somewhere around 220rwkw is my guess @3.8l.
The price of the stroker will end up around 5-6k including all the machine work you would be better off just turbo charging if you don't already have a L67.
with the 4.2l kit you'll be over 250rwkw would be my guess, maybe up towards 260-270.

For less money you can turbo and make 350kw.

Bowman.jesse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L
You'll make somewhere around 220rwkw is my guess @3.8l.
The price of the stroker will end up around 5-6k including all the machine work you would be better off just turbo charging if you don't already have a L67.
with the 4.2l kit you'll be over 250rwkw would be my guess, maybe up towards 260-270.

For less money you can turbo and make 350kw.
Okay cool thanks. The only reason that I’m thinking of going to stroker kit is because the were slapping a bit in the motor so I thought go a stroker. Mace engineering have some for sale around the 1.8k mark just the cranks and pistons, is that still worth wild still buying??
And the other reason why I don’t turbo it is because I’m a P plater so this is still going to be illegal enough for me to drive but might be able to hide it a bit‍

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Okay cool thanks. The only reason that I’m thinking of going to stroker kit is because the were slapping a bit in the motor so I thought go a stroker. Mace engineering have some for sale around the 1.8k mark just the cranks and pistons, is that still worth wild still buying??
And the other reason why I don’t turbo it is because I’m a P plater so this is still going to be illegal enough for me to drive but might be able to hide it a bit‍

How much money do you have?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yeah I’ve got the L67 striped it down it’s ready for the clean up and rebuild now

I would just rebuild it as is.

Watch that and learn.