Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Led Globes

johnmw1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
They must of closed their Website, :eek:
Here is a link to their eBay page. ;)

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/brite_lite_auto_parts/m.html?item=143081503247&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

There Correct name was "Bright Light Australia" sorry about the typo's,
as I have gorilla fingers, and cant spell or read after a few Bourbons o_O
I did say they were in Shepparton on eBay, However I received my globes I purchased last week from a Narre Warren South Address, :confused:

Haha, yeah I got that, I suffer from the same affliction.

I will have a look and see what they have, and thanks for your help.

Cheers,
John

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Haha, yeah I got that, I suffer from the same affliction.

I will have a look and see what they have, and thanks for your help.

Cheers,
John
I see they only have 90/100 or 90/130, putting that amount of wattage on factory wiring is dangerous, you will need to ask if they have any others that not listed you don't want to melt your harness.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I would suggest there is something causing your car to be spitting globes all the time. My last set of Phillips white visions lasted me 5 years. Rarely hear of them having issues too.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yep something wrong. My old vs has had the same globes for 150,000km and never changed them. AND they were second hand when I fitted them lol. Plenty of night driving and dirt roads etc.

Karl Robbers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy s ute
A mate of mine runs LED's in his commodore and would not go back for any money. I run HID in my daily driver and when my VY hits the road later this year, I will probably fit LED's. There is a reason that the upper end of town went first to HID and now to LED lighting.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
A mate of mine runs LED's in his commodore and would not go back for any money. I run HID in my daily driver and when my VY hits the road later this year, I will probably fit LED's. There is a reason that the upper end of town went first to HID and now to LED lighting.

Yeah and it’s for fashion for the most part - euro’s have always used the latest components and design features. Not always the most practical though.

Stick with whatever the car was ADR’d with.

johnmw1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
Thanks guys for the updates. For the moment I have gone back to standard globes. If I'm burning so many of them what could be causing it do you think?
Cheers,
John

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks guys for the updates. For the moment I have gone back to standard globes. If I'm burning so many of them what could be causing it do you think?
Cheers,
John
Don't touch the globe it creates a hot spot, check the alternator output, as an overcharging alternator will cause premature headlight burn out. Second, the connection at the headlight bulb must be clean and tight. Third, look for any signs of moisture in the headlight capsule.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Halogen bulbs and sealed beam headlights have very fine tungsten wire filaments inside that emit light when heated. Even under ideal conditions, the filament can break, leaving you in the dark. Vibration caused by driving over rough roads, potholes and bumps will reduce the filament lifespan.

Other causes of vibration may be due to a fault in your headlight structure. If the bulb is not securely mounted in the headlight assembly, it will vibrate, even under normal driving conditions. Insecure mounting may be the result of a bent bulb socket or headlight housing.

Similarly, if the headlight housing is not securely attached to your car, the entire housing, including the bulb and filament, will vibrate while you are driving, shortening the filament lifespan. Vibration of the headlight housing may occur even if it is tightly attached to your car if one or both of the front wheels are out of balance. If you feel a shimmy in your steering wheel, this could be a contributing cause of successive bulb failures.

When starting your vehicle, either by turning the key or pushing the start button, many vehicles will divert electrical power from any accessories that are on in order to deliver maximum power to the starter motor. If you turn your headlights on before starting your vehicle, the lights will turn off and then come back on when the engine starts. This rapid on-off-on cycle may shorten headlight bulb life.

Any signs of condensation inside the headlight housing may indicate that water is leaking into the housing. Water and electricity don’t mix and any condensation may cause a short circuit leading to failure. Also, any condensation coming in contact with a hot bulb may cause the bulb to break.

johnmw1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
Halogen bulbs and sealed beam headlights have very fine tungsten wire filaments inside that emit light when heated. Even under ideal conditions, the filament can break, leaving you in the dark. Vibration caused by driving over rough roads, potholes and bumps will reduce the filament lifespan.

Other causes of vibration may be due to a fault in your headlight structure. If the bulb is not securely mounted in the headlight assembly, it will vibrate, even under normal driving conditions. Insecure mounting may be the result of a bent bulb socket or headlight housing.

Similarly, if the headlight housing is not securely attached to your car, the entire housing, including the bulb and filament, will vibrate while you are driving, shortening the filament lifespan. Vibration of the headlight housing may occur even if it is tightly attached to your car if one or both of the front wheels are out of balance. If you feel a shimmy in your steering wheel, this could be a contributing cause of successive bulb failures.

When starting your vehicle, either by turning the key or pushing the start button, many vehicles will divert electrical power from any accessories that are on in order to deliver maximum power to the starter motor. If you turn your headlights on before starting your vehicle, the lights will turn off and then come back on when the engine starts. This rapid on-off-on cycle may shorten headlight bulb life.

Any signs of condensation inside the headlight housing may indicate that water is leaking into the housing. Water and electricity don’t mix and any condensation may cause a short circuit leading to failure. Also, any condensation coming in contact with a hot bulb may cause the bulb to break.
I do have my headlights set to auto on, so perhaps they get that constant surge when I first start up?