Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Link Pin - new design - after some advice

vy2002

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hey guys, just after some quick insight

I bought a pair of front link pins for my vy

How are they compared to the bushing style ones?

How would these fit up? I noticed that each link pin comes with two steel washers, and then a third plastic type of washer/hat

Has anyone had experience with this style before, do they last okay for day to day use compared to the bush style ones?

thanks

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I would suggest one steel washer for the sway bar ball joined end with the nut, the top looks to have a bush of sorts that would sit into the hole on the strut, then put the plastic washer on followed by the steel washer and nut.
They aren't very expensive, what did you pay for them? I would probably give them a go on a daily.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The ones you have are setup similar to how the VZ's are setup with ball joint on both ends.
I fitted these to my sons VY and they just bolt in as they are.
Pretty sure the plastic washer goes on the top side of the strut bracket then a steel washer and then the nut.
This is supposed to stop the top nut from rotating itself loose during the twisting that comes from steering.
Std VX2-VY2 use the ball joint at the swaybar end and a pillow bushes at the strut end.