Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY LPG indicators (display & needle) not working

somerton81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodre Wagon
Hi everyone,

I've got a VY 2003 Dual Fuel wagon with dash indicators that are playing up

I've filled up my LPG tank last nigh (50 Liters) and the electronic display and tank needle indicates that the tank is empty. I double checked and attempted to put more LPG in the tank, but it thank seems to be full (the LPG nossle defusing once I release the handle).

Any ideas:banstick:

Thanks people

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Take the cover off the tank and look at the sender wire sometimes the little magnet shakes loose from the gauge, depending on what sort of tank it is.

somerton81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodre Wagon
Take the cover off the tank and look at the sender wire sometimes the little magnet shakes loose from the gauge, depending on what sort of tank it is.

Thanks for the tip - although can you tell me how to best access the sender wire? The LPG tank is in the back of the wagon, situated in the spot where the spare tire would normally be. Any hints???

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
It should have a cover on the tank body, probably in the middle of the tank flip that cover off and the gauge and sender should be underneath it.
Some may also be on the side of the tank but bring in a wheel well i would imagine it would be on the top of the tank itself under a inspection plate.

KB3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Wagon Dual Fuel HBD
Gen Reaper is correct. Lift the cover in the cargo bay and you will find a metal cover with a screw fastener. Take this off carefully and you will find the solenoid cut off switch, the manual shut off valve and the tank sender wiring. Check the wiring carefully for any loose connections, if they seem ok I'd suggest the sender may have developed a fault, as mine did recently. Just to confirm, when switched to LPG do you get the LPG icon on the display?