Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY LPG PROBLEMS and aircon. !!!

69jono69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Series 2 S 2003
Hey all
I have a Vy series 2 S 2003 model with dual fuel Sedan
When i put the car on LPG and let it warm up a bit about 2miniutes with a bit of reving their is white smoke that comes from the car manifolds and first it appears to be only a little but then after 4 miniutes like this their is a lot of smoke and before i notice the smoke as i am driveing along i go to turn the lpg on and the car just stalls.

i also had rats chew some of the hoses as one little tiny hose that i dont know were it goes to is sucking air in softly when the engine is on.

also i got a problem with the aircon were the de mistors are only working and you carnt switch it to go to your feet or face only the window de misters work

i have taken this to holden and they dient do nothing to it in the service and they said it would cost me $125 to look at the car i was going to get them to look at it after reliseing their are idiots and like to over fill the engine oil by heaps and i carnt even talk to their mechanic 1 on 1.

thanks hope some one can help

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
sounds like the rats chewed the vac line to the heater controls , check your hose clamps could be coolant dripping on to the exhaust

69jono69

Reaction score
Members Ride
it was making a hissing noise before and replaced with a tube and now i have a 3rd hose that is just hanging their i am not sure were that hoes go's their is all watery stuff right next to the coil packs,

69jono69

Reaction score
Members Ride
i will take photos when i get home and uploaded them to show you what i mean everything runs fine on petrol atm but as soon as i switch it to gas that when the problems start

69jono69

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_0149.jpg

that the picture of the hose that i don't know were it dose go to if any one can help with this it would be much appreciated

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
thats the vac supply line it runs to the vac tank should be another hose running along the firewall look underneath the hrn on the strut tower and reconnect the two lines

69jono69

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the information i will give that a try this afternoon and let you know if that worked :) thanks

69jono69

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey again i have not found were the other hose is um is their any more instructions you could give me to try to help me find this
thanks.