Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY LS1 Air Con Fault

Joshcw85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II HSV Clubsport
Team,

I have spent an hour looking on here but have not found what I am looking for.

So, my A/C compressor on my LS1 is not kicking in at the moment. I just had it re-gassed after replacing a valve that pooped.

So i tried some diagnostic testing and figured it may be an electrical problem.

I bypassed the A/C relay and it all worked fine and bam, the A/C compressor worked and had nice chilled air.

I tested the relay and swapped in another, no problems with the relays, still no A/C function.

Swapped out the high pressure A/C switch with another one, and still no A/C function.

What else do I do? or do you reckon a BCM reset my flush out any bugs ?

Cheers

josh

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
there is a pressure sensor in the line, the pressure maybe to high or to low which is stopping it from engaging the clutch. A scantool can read this value from the sensor.

Joshcw85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II HSV Clubsport
there is a pressure sensor in the line, the pressure maybe to high or to low which is stopping it from engaging the clutch. A scantool can read this value from the sensor.

Thanks, Do you need a specific scan tool? I plugged Mechpro code reader, but that doesn't really tell me much, only shows codes, to which i had none.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Did the big radiator fan come on?
Was the gas replaced with a DIY can or proper A/C people.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah, big fans kicked in when we bypassed the A/C relay. The gas was put in using proper A/C re-gas gear, not a DIY Can
So was it filled to the correct amount of oil plus gas to your vehicle recommendations?
Its strange, the reason as I ask because it should be running while filling so its strange it wont turn on after been filled.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Thanks, Do you need a specific scan tool? I plugged Mechpro code reader, but that doesn't really tell me much, only shows codes, to which i had none.

Your scantool will need to see the live data, it can then show you the sensors KPA pressure reading.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Your scantool will need to see the live data, it can then show you the sensors KPA pressure reading.
They must of filled it wrong, as there is no way you can fill the system properly without the gas circulating ( switched on ), so I say its been over filled hence the reason its not switching on to avoid damage to the compressor.

Joshcw85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II HSV Clubsport
Thanks Team, i will take it to another aircon mob. Interesting, i started the car yesterday and the A/C ran until i turned the vehicle off (about 5-10min), i got excited and went for a longer drive and the aircon didnt kick in. The compressor would start, but quickly shut off. I will post in here on how i go.

Cheers

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks Team, i will take it to another aircon mob. Interesting, i started the car yesterday and the A/C ran until i turned the vehicle off (about 5-10min), i got excited and went for a longer drive and the aircon didnt kick in. The compressor would start, but quickly shut off. I will post in here on how i go.

Cheers
I wounder if its still leaking? When you replaced the TX valve did you replace the O-rings with the correct ones then oiled then with A/C oil, did you torque them to spec and didn't over tighten it.
How about the switch in the car maybe contacts have failed.