Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY ls1 clutch worn out or not

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
first time i have owned a hydraulic clutched vehicle , just wondering if the clutch is just about at the end of its life. The clutch engages very close to the end of the pedal stroke. it has done just over 150000 and has always been treated well . if it is worn out does it make sense to just replace it with another STD clutch plate and pressure plate, possibly have the fly wheel skimmed , although there is no shutter .
thanks in advance for any info .

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
They have a dual mass flywheel which can’t be machined mate so you need to buy a flywheel as well, would be better to go heavy duty with a single mass flywheel

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Would only replace it if it starts slipping. On most cars there are other things you can do with pedal adjustment and bleeding to correct the bite point somewhat (I have no idea about Commo's tho). On some cars it's just like that, you might find you replace it and it doesn't really change a whole lot.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
ok thanks , excedy HD clutch ?
Yea that’s what I put in my old manual vx ss and was a good unit, mine died without an warning too no slipping before hand but as old mate above said you could try bleeding the fluid 1st and see if that helps