Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY LS1 pinout help

dj_gardner007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS LS1 Manual, VL LS1 Manual Wagon
Hi,

I'm after the pinout for the main engine connector plugs that connect the engine loom to the dash/fuse box loom.

I am putting a VX LS1 into a VL and will be running a full VY gauge cluster.

I have the full diagrams for the VX side of the wiring, just need the VY wiring diagrams to be sure I'm joining the correct wires to each other.
The VT/VX has 4 connectors, 3 between the driver's side strut-tower and firewall and the 4th above the brake booster. The VY has 2(AFAIK), 1 inside the car near the glovebox and 1 near the passenger side headlight.

So if anyone has the VY LS1 diagrams/pinouts that would be much appreciated if i could get a copy.

Thanks,
Dave

dj_gardner007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks.

But more what i was after was joining the VY Dash/Main Fusebox Loom to the VX Engine Loom.

I've seen a lot of forums about people putting a full VY dash into a VT/VX but nothing on the wiring side of things, other than swapping to a VY engine loom aswell.

I was hoping for something similar to this for a VY, this is from the VX Service Manual:
ye110.jpg

As it shows which wire is in which pin, but also the number as there are double ups of wire colour but each a different circuit.

Thanks ,
Dave

dj_gardner007

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK, looks like most of the wire colours match up. I'll check them with a multi-meter to make sure they are what they are supposed to be, just to be on the safe side.

Joli89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina