Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy missfire

tassiehunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
Hi all, I have just joined up, my first post is in the hope someone can give me some direction in finding a mis-fire in my series 1 ss. Here is the run down
driving home this morning from work and with only 40km left in the tank I accelerated around a corner and experiancde what I thought was a lean out due to low fuel, car dropped power ect, but had a missfire that didnt go away, filled up with fuel , no change, pulled the injector plugs one at a time and found no.6 not firing. so I have:
swapped plugs over, no change
swapped leads over, no change
swapped coils over, no change
swapped injectors over, no change
compression tested cylinder, over 150psi, (tested another and that was the same)
I have been thinking possibility of being a fuel pump down on pressure? the missfire is constant, doesnt dissapear ect, and seems like its even dropping more as load increases? Power is down, but probably more than one cylinder would have done I thought. I will check the pressure tommorrow, but can anyone else think of a cause I could look for? engine has 130000k now, and gets driving a bit spirited most of the time:surprise:, but when it started to miss I wouldn't have been over 5000rpm, any thoughts? cheers

tassiehunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
hi again, just a follow up in case someone has the same issue, looks like it may be down on fuel pressure (probably the running the pump out of fuel) done an injector clean and the miss-fire has gone, will check the pump pressure today and see what comes up. cheers

crewmanvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
missfire

My mechanic has adivised me that the fuel pump on the vy modle cannot have a problem once you run low on fuel.

I have a vy crewman dual fuel, and he said not to let the petrol gauge run lower than quarter or a tank.

At the lowest top or the red mark on your dash.

If you repalce you fuel pump or test it you will find your problem.
Unless you have more than one fault.

It would be a good start and cheap.

Hope this was of help let me know how you go.