Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY no traction

Mothermayc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th anniversary edition
I have just purchased my second VY 25th anniversary edition commy my first was immaculate no issues but had to leave it behind in Qld when I moved to NSW, reluctantly I might add.
Now 6 years later purchased another not so perfect, which I'm fine with cosmetics easy fix. However we have the slightest embankment out the front and this cars tyres just spin and won't move. I don't have a traction control switch. I have no clue as to what it could be.
Can anyone please help?!

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
probably poor quality or worn tyres or even a combination of the 2

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
How old are the tyres? What brand are they?

If they're an old or shitty brand you're going to have traction issues. It's not like you're trying to put 300hp and 4000nm to the ground.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Is this thread a joke?

The road out the front of my place is slippery when wet....The rear tyres on my VY wagon (so lighter in the back end, compared to a sedan) have about 2 to 3 MM of tread left....I don't seem to have any issues with traction.....So me thinks it might be a foot problem

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You sure the car isn't just lifting one rear wheel slightly more than the other and single spinning?