Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(VY) Oil in radiator. No coolant in oil.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
It took me about 4 hours to do mine mainly because there was a ton of gasket glue holding it all together which makes me think it wasn't the first time it has been done . Also with the O rings I meant the heater pipes not the water pump . I don't recall taking of the fuel rail though . I took the manifold and fuel rail all in one .
Just remember to clean out the water pump holes where the pipes go so you don't stuff up the O rings and use heaps of vasoline when installing the , Other than that it is straight forward just time consuming . A quick tip is to spray shaving cream into the water passages on the heads to stop bits of gaskets falling in , then just vacuum it out when your finished .

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
It Makes it Easier to remove the fuel rail to remove the manifold Bolts, As you need a Torque Wrench

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yep, these plastic inlet manifold gaskets dont last long at all if the manifold bolts are not tensioned down correctly and in the correct order. Ive seen some that werent fitted correctly last only 3 months before they were leaking again..

DavesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
And put gasket sealer in the corners where gaskets meet

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2