Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY one tonner fuel pump assembly

Peter640000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy one tonner
G'day

I just put a new fuel pump and filter in my one tonner, when I removed the pump assembly out of the tank I had a hose inside the tank that seemed to go nowhere. After doing a search I have found that its suppose to have a strainer on the end (refer to picture). I take it it just sits on the bottom of the tank. Does anyone know what the hose does exactly ?

Thanks

2020-08-10-183236_1600x900_scrot.png

Last edited:

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
should be the fuel pickup to fill the swirl pot where the pump sits in for sender units that don't have the 2 pipe system, the LS motor dead head system only used a fuel deliver pipe on sender unit no return from memory.

Peter640000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy one tonner
Thanks VIN999, Ill have to take the pump assembly out again and see if I can find the strainer in the bottom of the tank. I saw a "flap valve" at the bottom of the swirl pot, I suspect fuel also enter the pot through it, can't think why else it would be in there.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
G'day

I just put a new fuel pump and filter in my one tonner, when I removed the pump assembly out of the tank I had a hose inside the tank that seemed to go nowhere. After doing a search I have found that its suppose to have a strainer on the end (refer to picture). I take it it just sits on the bottom of the tank. Does anyone know what the hose does exactly ?

When refitting the fuel pump assembly to the tank, that black hose with strainer is placed into the passengers side cavity in the tank
Basically, it goes over the hump in the tank that clears the tailshaft, and picks up fuel from the passengers side of the tank
There is some more info about it in this thread:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/another-fuel-gauge-issue.276020/#post-3018512

DavidTonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 3.8 ecotec 8/2004 cab chasis
G'day

Thanks

View attachment 213056
Hi Peter do know where I might be able to find one of these modules? must have a 2 pipe outlet square plug like yours

HaydenTSD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner
G'day

Thanks

View attachment 213056
Hi Peter Where did you get this pump from? Do you have a part number at all. I need one also

Peter640000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy one tonner
G'day Hayden

Sorry cant help. I used the original assembly out of my tank and just replaced the pump and filter.