Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY One Tonner LSD Clutch Packs

Tims

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
Have a VY series 2 one tonner V8 manual. Only had her a few months and love it! I recently had a rear wheel off the deck and noticed that it turned easily by hand. Other wheel was on the ground. The metal tag on the filler plug says it takes LSD oil. I know I will need to pull the diff cover and check whats inside. Hopefully still has the LSD. I noticed the clutch packs and springs for the lsd are available but am wondering if its a simple fix of replacing the clutch packs or does the housing get damaged or wears when these clutch packs crap themselves. Yep I know, a truetrac is an option but I don’t beat my tonner up at all and just want the lsd to work, if it still has one. Anyone replaced these clutch packs?? Thanks

V8bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ls1
I'm also wondering similar I've just got a standard vy v6 Ute 5 speed and the lsd is worn badly I would like to fix that but can't find anything on that I have seen clutches for the m86 diff in crewmans and this fellas tonner but not sure if mines the same
Or where to get some for mine

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Unless you have it tightened so much it chatters around corners like a locker, they will always be useless when you lift a wheel.

V8bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ls1
Unless you have it tightened so much it chatters around corners like a locker, they will always be useless when you lift a wheel.
I don't take it 4x4 mate I just wanna be able to do decent tip ins again but I'd still rather n out weld it

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Mine used to leave me hanging going into steep driveways.

If it's out, truetrac it. Wont regret it.