Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Panels onto VT

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
a vx kit would suit it better imo, as said above a vy/vz kit is just shaped too differently.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I remember seeing a pic of a VZ front on a VT, looked ok but the rear end of the VT is way too differently shaped.

I wonder, if you got the rear guards, rear bar, tail lights and bonnet, if it would all bolt up?

Then you'd pretty much have a VY/VZ on the outside, and a VT/VX on the inside. Would be interesting :)

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
I wonder, if you got the rear guards, rear bar, tail lights and bonnet, if it would all bolt up?

Then you'd pretty much have a VY/VZ on the outside, and a VT/VX on the inside. Would be interesting :)

Might be a problem considering the 'rear guards' are actually 'rear quarter panels' and are a pressed part of the body... Would need to be cut and shut, hardly ideal.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6

I did always wonder that, as i personally prefer the VZ rear over the VT, but i prefer the VT front over the VZ.

So if you could get a VZ rear and a VT front i'd be in heaven, but i imagine it would be difficult to do.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Might be a problem considering the 'rear guards' are actually 'rear quarter panels' and are a pressed part of the body... Would need to be cut and shut, hardly ideal.

Hammer?.. :)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I did always wonder that, as i personally prefer the VZ rear over the VT, but i prefer the VT front over the VZ.

So if you could get a VZ rear and a VT front i'd be in heaven, but i imagine it would be difficult to do.

Unless Holden's changed something major with the VY/VZ, i can't imagine it being any more difficult to put a VT/VX front on a VY/VZ than it is to put a VY/VZ front on a VT/VX.