Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Pov Pak Ute LS1

Krooked Kustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ute
Hey all, just though I'd start a thread for my Vy ute. Bit of a story with it but I'll try and keep it short haha

Served as my p plate cruiser, did the normal things like rims, lowering etc. tossed up the idea of putting an 8 in it but decided to buy an ss ute instead. Sold it to my old man and cruised around in the ss. I got sick of the ss and went though a few cars that were ok haha, but I always missed this thing. So I asked the old man if I could buy it back. Was so stoked to have it back!!

She's been though a bit since I got it back. I lowered and cleaned it for starters haha then about two years ago I put an L67 in it and did a few things like exhaust, mace Cai, 3.46 gears, changed all the dash lights to white, series 2 Maloo headlining, pensioner peak and put in a stereo. Two 12" behind the seats, mono block and amp under seats.

So I was tossing up the idea of a v8 conversion, then I was at mates joint and his mate said he had an ls1 and auto for sale for 2k, as my auto is rooted I rang him up to see about it, he said it was a whole wreck. It's got a built auto also came with HSV extractors and a new starter. So I got it haha.

So on to the pictures

A few when it was my p plate rig

When i got her back

No more nosebleeds haha

now onto V8 Swap stuff. before i tore her apart

the donner

decided to paint underneth while everything was out, the red not exact but it'll do for a daily

Cheers for looking

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Looking good. Jeez cleaning/prepping underneath would have been a job for new paint to adhere.

Krooked Kustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ute
Cheers :D yeah it was a Bit of a job, took a few day after work washing and sanding. Was glad to see the end of it to be honest haha

Krooked Kustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ute
Got a bit more done over the long weekend. Got the battery tray area and rail painted. Some one over filled the battery with water, opps.

IMG_5943.JPG

Also got inside the wheel arches painted and swapped the brake lines over on the fuel rail.

96724270-2165-491E-8D37-69434D100A18.jpg

And got this done this arvo, the fuel lines huck riveted in and removed the ABS cradle.

CAEEE438-5C5B-45B3-B171-BEE17FD31A80.jpg