Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY power window issue

ilrated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
My VY SS ute has a issue with the power window on the drivers side. The window will not go up on its own.

I manually can push it up while trying to use the switch but with the switch alone it will not move a single millimeter.

The window goes down perfectly so I know its not the motor.

I have also tried another switch, this did the exact same thing.

Both switches will control the passenger window up and down no worries. And both will make Drivers side go down but not up?

I have read many, many other posts so please if your going to offer advice I have already tried the other posts.

Thanks for your help

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The fact the motor will go down with the switch but not up means very little as to the health of the motor. Do you get power at the motor when you command the switch in the upwards position?

ilrated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hi,
Sorry guys I didnt get any notification of your replys.

Im not sure for the first answer.

Yes I can hear some sort of clicking and it sounds like its coming from the right hand side of the steering wheel (i was thinking maybe some sort of relay? ) or most likely the door, its hard to narrow down.

Also as of yesterday the window will not move up or down

Cheers again for any help offered

jhvh777

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy storm ute
Did you have replaced the power window motor regulator with an aftermarket one ? I did years ago on a ef falcon , I had the same problem, would go down perfectly but never up unless say half way. I put it down to cheap parts. Never bothered to look at it again. Make sure to get genuine part for this.

ilrated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Not sure if its ever been replaced at all. I havnt, but couldnt say whether the previous owner has.

Yeh I would only use genuine too