Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Radio Wiring Plug Colour Codes

oakey_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY X-chaser
Hey all,
Im trying to fit a Pioneer DEH-P8450 deck to my VY commodore. To work out the power/accessories/ground etc is the easy part with a test light. The question that i have is, is their two wires for the power antenna (as in power up and power down) or is there just one. The Pioneer deck i have has a single power antenna wire along with another remote wire (which im using to power on my two amps).

Just wondering if any one on here has a copy of the wiring diagram for the factory radio plug so as to make life easier and also any ideas on wiring up the power antenna so as to have it go up with the deck on radio and down when deck is playing a cd like factory. :bang:

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
When I changed my head unit in my VY Berlina (to a pioneer also) the colours of the wires and there location in the main wireing loom plug were on a sticker on top of the std head unit, so look there, as far as the antenna wire goes I only hooked one in so I dont think there is an up or down, from what I remember the ariel has its own power supply and the antenna wire just supplies a trigger power to the ariel (ie power = go up, no power says go down) this way I put a switch in that wire so I can stop the ariel going up and down every time you change CD's, but if you want it up flick the switch and up she goes (I hid the switch in the glove box). The other thing to watch out for if you do fit this type of switch is that this wire on the pioneer head units is also the trigger for the amps so make sure the trigger wire going to your amps is wired before the switch, other wise the amps wont switch on when the switch is flicked. Hope this helps, oh and another thing I helped the installer do mine and saw him wire the head unit to a plug that fits the factory loom so if I need to I can plug the std head unit back in and no wires are cut, to fix up.

Enjoy

oakey_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY X-chaser
ok kool

thanx man, i found the sticker when i was looking at teh std deck after i posted this message lol....

ok well have two accessory wires ... one is meant for pwr antenna ... other is meant for amp remote wire ... i got a pioneer DEHP8540 ... its the twin face deck so maybe dif loom to yours ...

so maybe i wont have to use the switch idea .... hopefully wiring up the antenna wire to the antenna wire from the deck will make it go up and down when changing source from radio to cd .... we will have too wait and see. :thumbsup:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Have a look at my sticky topic posted in the car audio forum ;)