Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY removing the rear seat squab

pwarren3030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
I have a 2002 VY Wagon with 9 years of crud built up under the back seat. I can lift the front edge and pull the two toggle handles but it still won't release. Any suggestions? I can't wait to see how much loose change is under there....dreamin'.

pwarren3030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
I have a 2002 VY Wagon with 9 years of crud built up under the back seat. I can lift the front edge and pull the two toggle handles but it still won't release. Any suggestions? I can't wait to see how much loose change is under there....dreamin'.

So no one knows how to do this....anyone?

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
sorry mate i would of replied but only just found this thread..

If you mean the catches release but nothing happens.. then if its like the sedan, its needs a little love..
One foot in rear foot well other foot outside car and reef the seat out... doesnt need the hulk to get it out, just needs a little help

colbox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY series 2 Berlina Wagon
Removal of rear seat of VY II wagon

We found that there are 2x T handles underneath the front of the rear seats and if you keep pulling those whilst lifting the front of the seat they will eventually release the seat. Unhook the safety belts from their black material bands at the rear and pull the seat front up and out. The 2 metal pronges at the back are just to align the seat. Don't forget to straighten any crooked seat belt straps before replacing.