Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Roller Rockers + LSD?

VYPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore 04 series II Executive
Ive been told by many people on this site that i should get roller rockers and an LSD( with changed gear ratio?) on my car for better acceleration and fun-nes to drive.
So now i need to know info about wheres good to go in perth for either of these items. i want to get them installed proffesionally so any quotes or numbers of people i can call to enquire would be good

Thanks JC forum

P.S Im set in my decision of either of these items unless there are much better bang for buck deals and V8 is not an option i am willing to blow moneys on a V6.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
For the rockers you can go either MACE or YT who are both sponsors of this forum, and it can be installed by yourself, easy as.

As for the diff, scour Ebay, or ring around some local Diff shops and get prices.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
I have just put a set of 1.9/1 Yella Terras on my VY S/Charged V6 & they sure are great, engine MUCH more responsive , uses LESS fuel in normal driving, smoother idle too. Easy to fit. Kit includes instructions. You get a little Tappet noise first start after installing but once the Hyd lifters pump up , the noise disappears. EXCELLENT BANG FOR BUCKS .....

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
curious about gettin a set but i had a mate advise me they do little to nothing. is power and response noticeable?

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
any workshop can do what you want check out bye performance, active automotives , proauto, there a few that come to mind
best off finding a diff joint to get your lsd and gears i wouldnt go anything more that 3:7s with the 6 my mates got 4:11s in his vt and its ridiculas to drive on tonkin hwy the fwy etc
then goto a workshop and get them to put in the rockers and fix up your tune and shift points

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
i reckon Rollers are worth 15 kw .....