Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Rotor Enquiry

gordo881005

unholy confessions
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Storm2
Happy Straya Day to you all.
Quick question, the rotors on my VY ute are looking pretty worse for wear. I am looking at just getting brand newys! Any specific brands, or types i should look for? and would there be an special advice on what to do when changing them over? and i would like to give them a coat of paint (black, or dark dark blue) give that little bit of class to them! any suggestions

Crack a stubbie, have a snag, if ya get too pi**ed....just jump in a swag!!!

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
There are a few thousand posts on brake rotors and brake pads. Do a search and you can read up on 101 + different opinions and suggestions.

I replaced all 4 rotors in the past 12 months with AC Delco units which I purchased from the Holden Dealer parts department. They were well priced, perfectly adequate and the braking performance of the car is very good with the brake pads I have. Other people like Disk Brakes Australia products (or just the dirt cheapest product they can find). Look up the DBA web site and you can see the various types of DBA rotors available for your car including the slotted variety.

Obviously you should fit new brake pads when replacing the rotors. Your existing pads will not be uniformly worn even if there is plenty of pad material remaining. While the pads are out you should check that the pistons in each of the calipers are operating smoothly and not binding. (Also take the opportunity to bleed and renew the brake fluid at the end of the process).

(Suggestion: Don't mess with your brakes yourself, just to save a few dollars, unless you know what you are doing. They are kind of important to stop your car).

Now others will weigh in I suspect.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
I'm also looking at new rotors this week. Full set on ebay are around $350 I called a few stores like supercheap etc But they wanted around 120 per rotor gsl-rally are a sponsor on here that sell rotors going to give them a look.