Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy s body control module

5LTRVNSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss,vl turbo, ktm 525,vs bt1
Hey guys,girls , me mrs uncle decided too be real smart and see if his vy spac would float in the flood water's and sent it swimming up too 1/2 the front window , all the comp and other electrical components are fine but i took the bcm and it looks stuffed

it wont even crank has service error up on the dash?
will the bcm stop it from cranking completly?

hsv-maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu maloo
Hey guys,girls , me mrs uncle decided too be real smart and see if his vy spac would float in the flood water's and sent it swimming up too 1/2 the front window , all the comp and other electrical components are fine but i took the bcm and it looks stuffed

it wont even crank has service error up on the dash?
will the bcm stop it from cranking completly?

yes mate,, the bcm is coded to your key and engine computer, you need that to start. let me know l may have one for you, but you still have to get id coded to your pcm.

5LTRVNSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv-malloo
Yeah thats what i was thinking but wasnt positive but all lead back too the bcm , due too the following
like.....
windows dont go up/down ,
hazard lights continuosly on ect,
also correct me if im wrong but a replacement BCM for a VY has too come out of a VY with the power windows and matching numbers on the caseing such as
601-MID??
could i have his original key re-programed for him at holden or my local mech ?(normally dose all my brand new vr-vs-vt-vx keys)

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
you can have his originally key recoded to the new BCM at holden.

As long as you get the same level of BCM then have your ECU configured to the new bcm by holden it will work. the is low, mid, and high lvl BCM's.
All the faults you listed a text book BCM faults.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
VY keys can only be coded once, so no you cant get the original key coded to a new BCM.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
VY keys can only be coded once, so no you cant get the original key coded to a new BCM.

If I didn't see "Holden Technician" under your name I would be calling shenanigans but you would know better than me.
I've never had a old key recoded, but I've had 2 HSV keys coded to my ute. I assume they must of been new then.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah a new BCM generally comes with two new key heads right through to VZ.

VE keys are reprogrammable.

5LTRVNSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
well guys replaced the BCM in it , all the lights,windows ect ect all work, but seems too have no power signal going too the starter..(has main power but nothing on the signil wire , took the starter motor apart cleand all the crap out it engages when i tested it out of the car so cant be that
so its got me stumped ...maybe a moduel/chip on the comp somewhere or something else hideing inside the bloody thing!

ALL IDEA'S WELCOME need this vy outa me driveway the mrs uncle is drivn me nuts~!

Chrisso73

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman, 2019 Z71 Colly, vu storm ute
So do you have to purchase a new key fob as well?