Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S LED Headlight Issues

TroyBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Hi all,

I recently purchased some LED headlights for my VY. They have arrived and I have tried fitting them and have run into some issues.

1. The H1 high beam LED has 2 connectors opposed to the halogen only having 1 connector. I believe I may have to buy a wiring converter (2 female to 1 male)?

2. The H4 low beam fit (although the dust covers don’t fit - no issue) however, when the headlights are turned on they’re fine, but when I flick the high beams on from the lever it doubles the brightness of the H4 acting like it’s a high beam as well?
Is this normal?

Does anyone know what the problem/s are and what can I do?

Cheers legends!

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
seems like you need to visit the manufacturer website and read up on how to fit them.

TroyBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Put halogens back in if you care about other drivers and your safety.
Halogens are in since these aren’t working and/or fitting, don’t think I’ll find a fix mate so it’s not an issue.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
man, chinese, get rid of them, garbage, defect, dangerous, not worth it.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They were just cheap Chinese eBay ones, no actual manufacturer stated.
They will be cheap everytime you have to fix them. Also a good chance the light source is placed incorrectly in comparison to a halogen filament so the light will reflect incorrectly.

High quality LED's will simply replace what you have, plug and play. They will also have the LED positioned the same as it is on a halogen globe, so the light will reflect correctly.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
They were never released with LED's so they're a no-go. Most people don't have the skill or budget to do it properly, so its best they leave it standard unless having it done professionally and certified accordingly. Fit a light bar etc if you want better light for high beam.

If you can't see with standard low beam then there a few things to consider:
1) Headlight lens fade - polish or replace headlight assembly
2) Fit new good quality halogen globes
3) Ensure headlights are aimed correctly

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Have to agree if the headlights were manufactured to use a standard bulb then you wont get the best performance out of the light with a LED the light pattern and the aim be shitt house, you just piss off oncoming drivers with dazzling bright lights. Go out and buy +130 or +150.

TroyBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Have to agree if the headlights were manufactured to use a standard bulb then you wont get the best performance out of the light with a LED the light pattern and the aim be shitt house, you just piss off oncoming drivers with dazzling bright lights. Go out and buy +130 or +150.

I just got fairly sick and tired of buying halogens every 4 - 12 months. Spending $100-ish on ‘top quality’ halogens like the Philips Extreme Vision + and Narva for them to only last a maximum of 1 year becomes pretty expensive.