Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S LED Headlight Issues

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
I just got fairly sick and tired of buying halogens every 4 - 12 months. Spending $100-ish on ‘top quality’ halogens like the Philips Extreme Vision + and Narva for them to only last a maximum of 1 year becomes pretty expensive.
gee in all my years of driving i have never replaced a headlight globe, why do you replace yours so often? maybe another issue with electrical system??

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I just got fairly sick and tired of buying halogens every 4 - 12 months. Spending $100-ish on ‘top quality’ halogens like the Philips Extreme Vision + and Narva for them to only last a maximum of 1 year becomes pretty expensive.
This.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
gee in all my years of driving i have never replaced a headlight globe, why do you replace yours so often? maybe another issue with electrical system??

Because standard globes do last ages. Also like driving with dolphin torches on the front.
Get the high end globes and manufacturers make sure designed obsolescence is done well. They know they are doing.

Driving with “correct” fitting and positioned HID or LED is a far less stressful and safer.

“Too bright for other drivers”. Not true. I have never been flashed using either and if I have someone drive my cars behind me, it is in no way a bother. Nor toward me. I’ve tried all that out.

The difference is there is so much junk on the market and people don’t get it. Go install crap and fk it up. That. That shits people. It is why the laws are how they are, because idiots will fk it up.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Never had a issue with bulbs, mines 4 years old and still working, do you start your car with lights on or are they automatic sensor lights on the car, this would explain blowing as well as touching the bulb glass with fingers while installing.
If you want led then get top brand ones don't use cheap nasty ones.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many

Gotta be another issue there, last set of Phillips White Visions I had lasted me 5 years in my daily before one blew. I just bought a set of Phillips extreme+ 130's for my F150 as they're decent and still last.