Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S Rear Bumper

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey

Just curious if anyone has removed a Rear Bumper on a VY S, if so is it a strait forward job, or is there alot of mucking around involved ??

Thanks

dean_jely

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec
Ive removed the rear bumper off my vy exec its really straight foward, you shouldnt have a problem with it as i cant see it being much different from an exec.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hey there,

Now let me think, mines a station wagon but should be pretty much the same.

There are two or three philip head screws in each rear wheel arch, remove the screws.
(If you have mud flaps you will need to remove them first, three screws in each mudflap)
Then under the car you will see two black plastic screws holding the bottom of the bumper in place, there called scrivts. With a screwdriver you should be able to get them undone but there not easy just take your time with them as if you get them out in one piece you can reuse them but they are buggers to work with.
Then pop the boot and lift the boot seal rubber and you will see a row of scrivts. They need to all be removed as well.
Now grab a extra person to hold one end of the bumper or a towel to lay under the end of the bumper.
Go to either side and grab it from the wheel arch side and brace the bumper with you other hand and pull. There are three large plastic clips and they will all pop off. Get the other person to do the same or if no person is availble lay the removed end on the towel and remove the other side and unless I have missed anything that should be every thing.

Hope it helps.

Windsurfing.....

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
thanks for the help mate, seems pretty easy to do...