Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S s2 Sunroof

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by NateGL, Jul 22, 2006.

1. NateGL

NateGL New Member

Members Ride:
    VY-S-II
    hey,

i just got myself a VY S s2 black auto..(yea i kno auto pretty bad but hey better then nothing)...

was wondering how much wud it cost to put in electric sunroof in it.. im guessing it shudnt void my warrenty on it as it has nothing to do with the engine and perfomance of the actual car...

im also looking into replacing the headunit and chucking in 2 12" pioneer subiies in the boot and a screen and player headunits in the front... ive read some topics about how other ppl hav done this and was wonderign if there are any more issues or worries i shud look into b4 starting these mods on my car...

kind regards NateGL

Attached Files:

2. ScottB_33

ScottB_33 Go Hard or Go Home

Members Ride:
    VTII Berlina Supercharged
    The price for an electric sunroof as fitted as factory accessory is around the $2300.00 mark with full 12mths warranty. This I got when I was wanting to fit one to my VTII Berlina. Believe you me it is worth every penny to drive with the sun shining down on you on a great day!! :yeah: I had my roof fitted by the installers who supply the roof to holden. Their name is Southern Sunroofs at Taren Point, and they are the authorised service and fitment centre for Webasto Australia who supply the holden sunroof. Worth every cent for them to install as the whole inner hoodlining has to be replaced and a special bonding material used to bond the roof to the metal frame. :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

3. NateGL

NateGL New Member

Members Ride:
    VY-S-II
    nice thats awesome...

hmm $2.3k fair bit but sounds worth it..

well im located in melb and bought me car from melton ages away from me so i might needa go back to them to get one installd...

how long was the installation period?

i guess the rims i wanted to buy will just hav to wait hehehe take a look at the rims..

Attached Files:

4. Jeffro74

Jeffro74 New Member

Members Ride:
    Wanna bee SS
    Ive got that exact same sunroof in mine its a great investment,make sure its wabasto tho the best around.

5. Marks-VY

Marks-VY I love cars

Members Ride:
    VT2 Berlina
    For that price, does it open fully (slide back) and is there an inside slide panel to shut out the light? I cannot see anything from the photo (although it looks great!

6. Jeffro74

Jeffro74 New Member

Members Ride:
    Wanna bee SS
    yeah it pops up and down slides fully back and the panel inside the roof slides over to block sun out