Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S s2 Sunroof

NateGL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-S-II
hey,

i just got myself a VY S s2 black auto..(yea i kno auto pretty bad but hey better then nothing)...

was wondering how much wud it cost to put in electric sunroof in it.. im guessing it shudnt void my warrenty on it as it has nothing to do with the engine and perfomance of the actual car...

im also looking into replacing the headunit and chucking in 2 12" pioneer subiies in the boot and a screen and player headunits in the front... ive read some topics about how other ppl hav done this and was wonderign if there are any more issues or worries i shud look into b4 starting these mods on my car...

kind regards NateGL

Attachments

• DSC00414.jpg
    DSC00414.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC00419.JPG
    DSC00419.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 467

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
The price for an electric sunroof as fitted as factory accessory is around the $2300.00 mark with full 12mths warranty. This I got when I was wanting to fit one to my VTII Berlina. Believe you me it is worth every penny to drive with the sun shining down on you on a great day!! :yeah: I had my roof fitted by the installers who supply the roof to holden. Their name is Southern Sunroofs at Taren Point, and they are the authorised service and fitment centre for Webasto Australia who supply the holden sunroof. Worth every cent for them to install as the whole inner hoodlining has to be replaced and a special bonding material used to bond the roof to the metal frame. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• P3120258.JPG
    P3120258.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 823

NateGL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-S-II
nice thats awesome...

hmm $2.3k fair bit but sounds worth it..

well im located in melb and bought me car from melton ages away from me so i might needa go back to them to get one installd...

how long was the installation period?

i guess the rims i wanted to buy will just hav to wait hehehe take a look at the rims..

Attachments

• AT695_Black___600[1].jpg
    AT695_Black___600[1].jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 568

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
Ive got that exact same sunroof in mine its a great investment,make sure its wabasto tho the best around.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
For that price, does it open fully (slide back) and is there an inside slide panel to shut out the light? I cannot see anything from the photo (although it looks great!

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
yeah it pops up and down slides fully back and the panel inside the roof slides over to block sun out