Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S Squeeking/Creeking noise??

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
hey everyone. i drive a VY S II and have noticed that (usualy on cold start) when i reverse out of my drive way which is fairly steep my breaks squeek alot and so does the steering. also when i get to the bottom of the drive way and change into Drive (auto) there is a very noticeable rock in the car as the gear changes and a squeeking/creeking noise that comes from the rear end of the car. diff maybe, or gear box, dont know.
this usualy disapears after the car is warm becuase i dont notice it if i go park at the supermarket and then reverse of of the parking spot.
what could this be? i dont know alot about the mechanics of a car but have a fairly good general knowledge.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
with the cooler weather all suspension bushes shrink and will often squeek first thing in the morning. also the cold dose effect the brakes and other systems. i would not be to concerned to much about it. however if you are worried have your mechanic check it out

Last edited:

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
yeah thats what i thought but my dad drives a VX series 2 and i never hear any noises from his car when i take that for a drive on occasion. next service is coming up in 1000ks so if its really annoying me then il get the mechanics to take a look. thanks

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
Thanks Burnout for this reply.

Lately my car has had a single "clunk" in the front left suspension first thing in the morning. Seeing as its Can-bloody-berra and it gets cool ( < zero!) there in the morning, that seems to explain it.