Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S Supercharge??

A

asgr8

Hi,
I have got 2003 VY S pack series 2 manual. i want to install a supercharger, but i know nuthing abt them . can anyone tell me how much they cost and what effects it has on the car .. like difference than the normal ..
Thanx.
will appreciate that ..

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Check out the v6 development section.

Im in two minds about trying it on my car, performance gains are there but there is a lot of talk about the ecotec not being able to handle it, the internals arent strong enough etc.

Price wise i THINK (dont quote me on this) is 5-10 grand depending on setup etc obviously, but also think about any problems that can happen, probably not worth it when you are paying 50% of your cars value

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
You would be better to buy an L67 (factory supercharged) engine out of a wreck.

The internals are different between this and the ecotec.. plus the L67 can take a fair bit of work and give good power gains. Will happily run up to 10psi off the standard charger without affecting life of the engine.

If you were to run a charger without upgrading anything you would be looking at a max of 3-4 psi without breaking anything, compared to the 6psi of the L67... then you still have a good upgrade path afterwards too.