Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy s tinted tail lights, an painted grille

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Man I reckon the jacks are gunna have a field day with your lights that dark!!! LOL!!! It does look awesum though. Top job.

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
ive seen heaps of lights with night shade tint on them. And with only one coat its not as dark as that, so maybe the pic is playing tricks on every one.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
ive seen heaps of lights with night shade tint on them. And with only one coat its not as dark as that, so maybe the pic is playing tricks on every one.

I think it's just up to the cops discretion on whether they are legal or not. The clear coat would have made them be a lot darker to look at so whether that changes the illumination of the light I don't know.

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
I think it's just up to the cops discretion on whether they are legal or not. The clear coat would have made them be a lot darker to look at so whether that changes the illumination of the light I don't know.

mate you just said the clear would make them alot darker, but in madvy's second post he said he used it to lighten them up. doesnt make much sence.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
mate you just said the clear would make them alot darker, but in madvy's second post he said he used it to lighten them up. doesnt make much sence.

Well no way 1 light coat would have them darker then that so that's why I thought the clear coat must have made them appear darker. Maybe the pics make them look darker than they really are.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I Had To Do 4 Coats Of Nightshade And 5 Clear And About 30mis Each Of Buffing And They Are Smooth As

Nice Grill By The Way

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
I suggest getting some paint thinner and cleaning off the lens paint where the blinkers and reverse light are, just to give it a bit of contrast

madvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy commodore s pac A4

the clear coat made them alot lighter, and the pic does show them to be very dark but there not that dark when u see. u can see the light globes easily.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Mine Are The Same Mine Look Like They Are Not Evan There Until You Put Then On And In The Dark You Cant Evan Know There Tinted