Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy s tinted tail lights, an painted grille

madvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy commodore s pac A4
i just tinited my vy s pacs tail lights, one coat was dark enough. i also did about 4 coats of a clear coat all up around 25 buxs preety happy with it!!!

Attachments

• 17042009092.jpg
    17042009092.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,333
  • 17042009094.jpg
    17042009094.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 8,579

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
i like the grille mate looks good. not really a fan of the tinted lights though but thats just my opinon

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Looks great mate, now just get some VY SS headlights to set it off:thumbsup:

Marlon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe S2
What paint do you use to make your brake lights appear darker. I know septone makes good paint to do your engine, brakes, interior etc. Would love to buy SS lights which have the tint but they are like over $200 a set on ebay which is a little ridiculous.

Thanks,
Marlon

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Tinting your lights may well attract attention from authorities (Police, RTA, MVA, etc) as vehicle will no longer comply with ADR standards that existed at time vehicle was manufactured.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Tinting your lights may well attract attention from authorities (Police, RTA, MVA, etc) as vehicle will no longer comply with ADR standards that existed at time vehicle was manufactured.
Agreed. Police magnet.

Better pack some lube because some cop is going to have fun reaming you for tinting them that dark.

madvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy commodore s pac A4
What paint do you use to make your brake lights appear darker. I know septone makes good paint to do your engine, brakes, interior etc. Would love to buy SS lights which have the tint but they are like over $200 a set on ebay which is a little ridiculous.

Thanks,
Marlon

yer thats what i originally wanted was the ss lights but the price put me of. its called night shades get it at autobahn for about 13 bux and all you need is one very light spray on each of them and i also brought a clear coat and did about 4 coats of that to lighten them up and you get a better finish smoother an shinier:yeah: they look very dark in the pic but there not that dark you can see the lights through them

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
Agreed. Police magnet.

Better pack some lube because some cop is going to have fun reaming you for tinting them that dark.

legally if it can be seen from 200m (the brake light), its ok.

just add some really bright bulbs

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
legally if it can be seen from 200m (the brake light), its ok.

just add some really bright bulbs

from what ive heard that not true there are some other factors at play like there is with everythin else