Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S2 Calais bonnet on a VY SS S1?

MaxVZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS - S1 - 6 Speed Manual
G'day.
Unlike the username might suggest (changed cars) I have a quicksilver VY SS with some badly damaged paint on the bonnet. I'm always keeping my eye out on various sites to find a wrecking VY bonnet but can't seem to find one in quicksilver.
I understand you can't really fit a VZ bonnet to the VY (although if anyone knows of any methods then let me know!) But I recently found a quicksilver series 2 VY Calais wrecking and I was wondering if it's possible to take the bonnet off one of those for my car?
Obviously with the chrome strip the bonnets are different, however I just want to know if it will actually fit on and line up?
I don't really want to do a whole front bumper +headlight swap as the cost will just get too much for me (an 18 year old) however I would consider swapping the front side fenders on either side of the bonnet as they aren't in great condition on my car either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Perth, WA

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Bonnet will fit fine, vy bonnets are all the same

Vz bonnets have 2 high ridges that need to line up with bumper

The chrome strip can come on or off

They might charge u extra for rhe chrome strip

I just put a calais chrome strip on my executive bumper/bonnet actually looks ok

MaxVZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS - S1 - 6 Speed Manual
Great, thanks heaps guys :))