Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S2 Strut stud size

Klajd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
G'day I've ordered a KSB618 strut brace and I've noticed that it came with its own set of bolts and nuts which do not fit the existing bolts on the series 2 vy. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the size of the pre installed bolts in the series 2 vy so I don't have to drop the suspension to use the supplied bolts and can just buy some nuts. Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You don't use the existing bolts, you need to drill new holes and use the bolts supplied.

You also don't have to completely drop the suspension, only jack the car up enough so the struts lower enough to get you your hands in there.

Klajd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
You don't use the existing bolts, you need to drill new holes and use the bolts supplied.

You also don't have to completely drop the suspension, only jack the car up enough so the struts lower enough to get you your hands in there.
Cheers man. When I have more time I'll get to doing it. Also if you don't mind me asking why should the new bolts be used?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Because they are separate from the existing bolts. You only use the location of one of the existing bolts to line the plate up, it just sits over he whole thing.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Why not find a factory strut brace that just pops on in minutes? Used on CrossTrac models. Adventra the most common.

Klajd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Why not find a factory strut brace that just pops on in minutes? Used on CrossTrac models. Adventra the most common.
Most of the ones I had found were out of stock. The website I had bought my strut brace off didn't disclose that it would require drilling. Also, wasn't interested in second hand.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I bought one second hand and it was like new. The one on my Cross8 is identical. New looking.

Reactions: Lex

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Most of the ones I had found were out of stock. The website I had bought my strut brace off didn't disclose that it would require drilling. Also, wasn't interested in second hand.

The website I looked at after Googling the part number had a link to the installation instructions.