Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Sedan offset

Keygan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Ss 5.7L Cammed
Hi all.
I have a 2003 vy Ss cammed and all the nice stuff, Bits
Now i currently have VE HSV PENTAGONS 9.5"(staggered, running 275/30R20 back and 245/30R20 in the front... so i am maxed out on guard space :).... but i want to get new rims with some dish. Now i have the rims i want but im trying to find out what offset is the max i can run to give me the most dish. The rims are Lexani R Twelve.. rims and they are a 8.5" rim.... i cant seem to find a answer anywhere so here i am. The most i could find was that my rears atm are p57 so i dont even know anymore..... cheers

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
am maxed out on guard space :).... but i want to get new rims with some dish.

Surely you can find some offset numbers stamped on the inside of the wheels.

If you can't and just want to compare the wheels you have to another set, then you can carefully lay your current wheel with tyre still on, so the face is down on flat ground. Use something like a chopstick through the bolt hole to touch ground and mark the distance from ground to inside mounting surface. Compare this to the new wheel. You'll know if they will fit.

This distance measure is what you are interested in, being the distance from the hub to the edge of the guard. This is not offset number.

The offset number is the wheel mounting surface and back the other way and it does not factor in the side wall bulge of your tyre choice.

It is best to look up a wheel and tyre website for offset spec, also search this forum.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You might have to measure it up yourself. Use www.willtheyfit.com to compare existing to proposed.