Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY senator wheels on a VK

Bastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hey guys I just signed up here cause I own a VK Calais, and I'm really passionate about it, and most of the older holdens from around the same time frame.

Now what I wanna know is what the biggest size VY senator signature rims I'd get on it. I've got 17" VR clubby rims on it atm, an it looks like all I'd fit in the way ov VY rims is probably 18s and nothing any bigger. Most of the VY rims I've stumbled across though have been 20's. How would I go about fitting 20's, or is it just not possible? Anyone know how much 18's would cost? Cheers.

Attachments

• DSCF0064.jpg
    DSCF0064.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 8,323

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
20's are a no go unless you get new struts - i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure 20's scrub with stock struts, but 19's with go on!
Also Vy's didn't come with 20's only 19's and down. Ve's are the first with 20's.
i hope this helps! Sweet as ride BTW verrrry nice! Goodluck

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
The VY Senator Signature wheels you see around in 20" are copies. Wouldn't trust them at all. Even the 19" Genuine Senator Signature wheels crack from the design of the wheel.

Bastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
So the copies are ****? So you guys reckon 19" are the way to go definately? How much roughly do they cost?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The VY Senator Signature wheels you see around in 20" are copies. Wouldn't trust them at all. Even the 19" Genuine Senator Signature wheels crack from the design of the wheel.

I've never heard of genuine HSV wheels cracking

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to own vb commy end of year
20's are a no go unless you get new struts - i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure 20's scrub with stock struts, but 19's with go on!
Also Vy's didn't come with 20's only 19's and down. Ve's are the first with 20's.
i hope this helps! Sweet as ride BTW verrrry nice! Goodluck

that true from what ı know of you can fınd 20 ınch mock up vy senator rıms mate of mıne found a set of them dunno where he got ıt from though they are mock ups

Bastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
So the fakes are no good? The 17s on it at the moment scrape a little if there are a couple of people in the back seat. Only if you go over bumps though, as the cars been lowered a bit. It only scrapes a little on the outside of the wheel on the edge of the guard, and does no damage to the tyre, but they are pretty fat wheels so I think they stick out a bit. So you reckon I'll get 19s on no worries?