Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY series 1 Acclaim Foglights

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
hi guys,
so ive read and searched around but a few different things have came up

ie i have heard the series ones came with the fog light looms so all i need is the fog switch, fuse, relay and foglights. wanting it to run from the factory switch
but then other places i have read that only the series on s-pac and above have it?
i have checked the relay box and there are pins where it should be so does this mean that all i need is the factory switch, another a/c relay, fuse?. and of course foglights?

cheers, and has anyone else done this to the exec/acclaim front bar?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Have a look behind the front bumper to see if the wiring is already there for the fogs. There should be a set of wires on each side, clipped to each subframe rail. Don't confuse the set on the passenger's side with a connector for the second horn - if you can only find one set on the passenger's side, you don't have the wiring already in place for the fogs.

There was no factory installation for fogs on the Executive or Acclaim. You can make your own mountings, suspending the lights from the bumper reinforcement bar, then cutting the bumper inserts out to clear the lights. It's a lot of fiddling around but it can be done. There are one or two old threads on this forum showing how some guys have done it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
my series 1 lumina has them

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Well I have the clips there on both sides, so am I right in thinking that I only need a relay fuse and stock fog switch?